Info on Moving To Mexico

Immigration - Visas

There are several types of Visas you can get to enter and visit or live in Mexico. I will discuss the 3 most popular here. FMM Tourist Card, Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente. Below is the FMM form used to enter and exit Mexico for all types of Visa holders. You use the same form […]

Read More

Temporary Import Permits (TIP) The Temporary Import Permit (TIP) for vehicles is controlled by Aduana (Customs). You will need a TIP if you travel outside of the  If you are entering as a Tourist the normal permit is valid for the length of your FMM Tourist Card form, up to 180 days. You can obtain […]

Read More
Healthcare in Mexico

Mexico's public healthcare system is known as Instituto Mexicano de Seguro Social (IMSS). They provide universal healthcare to Mexican families and foreign residents (Expats). They also have a public option known as Seguro- Popular which is available for all residents of Mexico. Tourists, Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente holders need to arrange for their own health care needs.  US Medicare […]

Read More
INAPAM for Seniors

Mexico has a Seniors Discount Card which can save you on bus travel, air travel, hotels, pharmacies, groceries and  museums too. It is called INAPAM or (Instituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores) You must have a Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente Visa card as an Expat and be 60 years old or older to […]

Read More

What you need to know about household Employees Living in Mexico has many advantages that you may not have had in your home country. The lower cost of living in most places in Mexico may allow you to hire employees or domestic workers like housekeepers/maids, cooks or gardeners. Yay, more time for you and your family! […]

Read More